Sunday, March 22, 2009

Love is the movement.

If you love something, let it go; if it comes back, that's how you know.
I remember the beginning as if it were yesterday; November 16, 2007. Mister pimp playa pimp thought he had it going on =P haha! Candy was playing and we were dancing in the club for a couple more songs. I knew his reputation, he knew who I was and that was that. We were two youngings in the club, nothing more than that. When February 2, 2008 rolled around, it was Stagg's Winter formal. I seen him; and the girl he was talking to at the time. I could care less because i knew what his intenions were. At that time, he was still just Andrew Quintal to me. No background between us besides the club. At the after party when formal was over, I was chillin in a room being sociable. I was sitting at the headboard of my girl's bed being a chatterbox when he walks in, looks straight at me and said, "Aye!". I looked towards the door, we made eye contact and gazed at each other for a couple of seconds. I said, "ME?". He said, "Yeaa, do you have a boyfriend?" and i laughed while the room got dead silent. I said, "Hahaha NO!". "Do you want one?!" he said, in a seductive yet demanding tone, and my only reaction was to laugh. And the girl he was talking to at the time walked in and hit him in the stomach. He looked down at her then looked up and continued to stare at me; she pulled him out of the door way, and that was that. Later that night Andrew, Derek and Harpreet kept trying to conversate with me but i had no interest; it was the first night i was introduced to them. Well, twenty day later on February 22, 2008 i was Harpreet's date to my cheerleading debutant ball. At the end of the night, Andrew, Harpreet, and Kristian spent the night. Kristian slept for a few hours then left. Andrew couldn't take his eyes off of me, but i still had no interest. He told me he was going to marry me and he began telling me how our wedding was going to happen. He asked me to be his date to his junior prom, but i denied. Prom was April 19 and i was going to be in Anaheim for a journalism convention from the 17 to the 20. Him and preet wrote notes and tacked them to my walls. It was a long night of conversation with Andrew and Harpeet, but it was very chill. I felt completely comfortable. The next morning they met my mom, and told me how they thought i was going to be a completely different girl, but they're happy they met me and were able to talk to me about everything we talked about. After that, Andrew and i rarely talked, but when we did, he'd talk about our wedding and i'd smile because it was cute; the back of my mind began telling me, "here we go." But... March passed. April passed. Things happened in between, but nothing that included him and i. Until May 25, 2008. He got my number and from that evening on, i knew we'd be together but i never let him know that. We hung out more than a few times between that day and the end of July. We also have a lot of memories in between. The weekend of July 4 i was in LA and Andrew and I were not talking. I had a complete change of heart because of some things that happened and we lost contact for a week, exactly. Then he called, and i told him how it was. I was done, but he didn't want that. He called. I let go, and he came back. He wanted to continue our friendship/relationship, so his goal was to try and gain me back. Though it wasn't easy, he did, which is why August 12, 2008 became the day of A <3 A.
DAMN, it's been a bumpy road with horrible weather. But i knew we could do it from jump, and we're stronger than ever as of this early morning; March 22, 2008.
Last night, i broke up with him; for reasons that only concern him and i. I was done, and ready to let go. I knew that he loved me, but words just didn't mean enough anymore. I stopped replying to his texts, and didn't try to call him. That's how i knew i was done; i wasn't trying to fix it anymore. After a couple of hours, he called me. He spoke, i listened. I knew he was sincere and because i let karma hit him hard. He wants to change for the better, to be MY better. A lot was learned and a lot was understood. The thing that matters the most is, he came back. I let go and he came back.
Now there's a lot of missing pieces to this story, and it may not flow with details, but that stays between him and i. This is the beginning of our book and today, we start a new chapter.
xoxo Lady Quintal!